Children grow and develop at different rates, but developmental milestones can offer important clues about your child’s growth. See what milestones your child has reached by the age of 6 months and speak with your doctor if you have any concerns or questions.
By the age of 6 months, most babies will:
- Respond to their own name and other sounds
- Make sounds to express displeasure and happiness
- Enjoy playing with others and respond to others’ emotions
- Look at self in the mirror
- Look at nearby objects and try to reach for things
- Move objects from one hand to the other
Movement and Physical Development
- Rock from front to back and roll over in both directions
- Support weight on both legs when standing (may bounce a little as well)
Cognoa is available to parents through their employers. Learn more by sharing your information below.